Technical Writing · Science Writing · Medical Writing
Skilled, proven professional with over 20 years of experience in technical, science, and medical writing. Expert in authoring, editing, and publishing high-quality, modern, multi-platform digital content.
Absorbs technical information quickly and presents it logically. Collaborates with subject matter experts to transform information into clear, impactful content. Customizes writing style to target intended audiences and achieve business objectives. Creates content that educates readers about complex topics, increases product awareness, and inspires curiosity and engagement.
- → To contribute to organizations that possess a clear vision and purpose
- → To write about technologies that help to advance scientific and medical research
- → To always challenge myself and learn new things
- → To continually craft my writing skills and style
SKILLS & TOOLS
Technical Writing · Science Writing · Creating Engaging Content · Storytelling · Task-Based Writing · Content Strategy · Minimalist Writing · Clarity, Precision, and Accuracy
Content Management Systems · Dita · Oxygen · Arbortext · Git · GitHub · Agile · Scrum · Kanban · Bitbucket · Sourcetree · Jira
Rocket Software - Principal Technical Writer
Leverages information architecture principles to author, modernize, and restructure large, complex document libraries. Optimizes content style and technical accuracy to increase customer satisfaction and reduce support calls.
Mentors and coaches fellow writers. Fosters cross functional collaborations and streamlines documentation work flow practices. Spearheads multiple complex documentation projects simultaneously and prioritizes work to meet aggressive deadlines.
Collaborates to improve document consistency across product suites. Rearchitects legacy documentation for efficient migration into a component content management system (CCMS).
ORGANIZATIONS AND INTERESTS
- American Alpine Club
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Medical Writers Association
- Colorado Mountain Club
- Guild of Natural Science Illustrators
- National Association of Science Writers
- North American Nature Photography Association
- Society for Technical Communication
Produces open-source ebooks on a volunteer basis for Standard Ebooks: